Welcome to my blog! Have a look around. Mostly I blog about...
Fandoms: Harry Potter, Supernatural, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Doctor Who, Disney, Lord of the Rings, Sherlock, cats, and, when I can find it: books, Arrested Development, Firefly, Star Trek, Stargate (SG-1 and Atlantis), Calvin and Hobbes, Mean Girls, Boy Meets World, Skyrim, etc.
Social Awareness: feminism, race, LGBT, ableism, etc.
Great news is, I TAG EVERYTHING so feel free to use Tumblr Savior to blacklist something you don't want to see. If you want me to tag something, please ask! You don't have to give a reason, I'll tag it.
Art/gifts/etc. are not made by me unless stated otherwise - look for the tag "mine". (Just started giffing, yay!) I try to source everything when I can.
Check out the Useful Links page; there's links to Tumblr Savior, how to reblog tags, and how to make gifs. Check out my side blog, of the moment, for writing inspiration, celebrities, art, kittehs, and whatever else I feel like reblogging.
Also, this is a SPOILER FREE BLOG (as much as it can be, anyway - if you don't watch Supernatural, spoiler alert, Dean likes pie), so you can join new fandoms without having crucial, heart-crushing feels ruined :D (But critical analysis posts may contain mild spoilers, and Posts I Like WILL contain spoilers.)
Ok, I think that's it for now. Have some tea and enjoy your stay :)
as a child who, years ago now, was neglected and abused by a woman who called herself my mother, I sneer at those who dare call what Regina does abuse. They know NOTHING. I'd have killed to have an 'abusive' mom like her who was so into pleasing me, she'd do anything 4 me. Who would put me first and stand between me & danger. The woman who I had to call 'mom', when she bothered noticing me, was distant, mocking and mean. People who call Henry abused know nothing of what real abuse is. Children.
I hope you don’t mind me reblogging this but I think this is an invaluable perspective on a conversation that has rapidly spun out of control and into mindless hysteria. Thank you so much for the bravery of sharing your story.
Reblogging because people need to understand they are making a mockery of real life people when they make these claims against Regina.
I am an abuse victim that feels triggered by Regina. I see her actions of erasing Henry’s memory, using enchanted branches to hold Henry back when he wanted to leave, of trying to kill the people he loves so that she could possess him as abuse.
Henry was frightened of Regina—she had to force him to come with her by threatening to kill the whole town of people. She had to erase his memories of her plans to destroy a town in order to make change the situation to suit her plans, not caring for his distress or his feelings in this. He was ready to build a weapon room to protect himself from her because he was so afraid of her.
Regina actions are very similar (minus magic of course) to someone in my life that hurt me—to say that people like me are making a mock of abuse is offensive and hurtful.
If people like this relationship, fine. If people like how this relationship has improved, fine. But that doesn’t mean that others don’t have a right to feel triggered by Regina’s actions towards Henry in season 1 and 2. That doesn’t mean that people like me are making a mock of abuse, cause we are not—many of use feel rightfully triggered by her actions towards Henry in season 1 and 2.
Sneering at us for being triggered, accusing us of mocking abuse when many of us are victims of child abuse, is not right or fair to us. It is fine to like the relationship and defend it, but not to look down on others that rightfully are troubled by it and reminded of their own abuse.
Not one single word of this says anything against people who are triggered by Regina.
I am really sorry for anyone who had to endure abuse and I sort of understand why they are triggered by Regina’s story. But I have a feeling that it’s not the canon story that trigger people. Even if they firmly believe it, it’s not. It’s their own emotions and past experiences that they project onto the Regina-Henry relationship which is canonically not abusive, but it was initially presented in a way that it was easy to project such sort of things to it. And once the abusive past and negative emotions are projected onto the original story, there comes to life a headcanon that is really disturbing to the person who created it. And THAT triggers that person.
And on an interesting note, this is the same psychological phenomenon that happened to Regina when she projected things into Snow’s actions and created a new “headcanon”, a new “reality”. IMO.
WOW HOW ABOUT YOU NOT WRITE OFF MY LEGITIMATE FEELINGS OVER REGINA AND HENRY’S ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP AND HOW IT RELATES TO ME IN REAL LIFE???? Like you do realize you are literally speaking over real abuse victims/survivors and telling them that their feelings are not valid and obviously they are projecting like fuck offfff. Regina lies to Henry, manipulates him, gaslights him, erases his memories, and then keeps promising she will change but NEVER DOES. These are all things my ABUSIVE father did to me (minus the memory erasing) and you saying it’s not just bc you like Regina is fucked up and you need to fucking STOP.
Very long post ahead showing very canon abuse with pictures to help prove.
Actual conon events that happened onscreen.
- Regina left her 10 year old son with a history of running away alone, with no adult supervision for at least 8 hours while she had sex. We know she’s done it fairly regularly because Regina asked Graham about their next ‘Saturday Council Meeting.’ Think about if Henry had gone to the mines without telling anyone like he did in the NEXT EPISODE. He would have been trapped down there for 8 hours without anyone knowing. Regina could have called him to check up on him or hired someone to watch him for the day- again, this is a child with a history of disobeying rules and ruinng away- but she didn’t. That’s failure to protect and would result in CPS intervention.
- She lied to her son about his bio mom saying she was a con women and she stole Archie’s files when in fact she abused her power to force Archie to give Emma her son’s PRIVATE information.
- She manipulated the situation so Henry would walk in on his bio mom, who Regina knows he looks up to and admires, calling his beliefs, ‘crazy’. She then proceeds to smirk at Emma and say, ‘Your move.’
- She blackmailed her son’s mental health professional into telling him that if he didn’t stop talking about the curse- which she very well knew was true and Henry was completely right in what he was saying about it- that he was delusional and he would be taken away and ‘locked up’. She told him to ‘take that delusion out of my son’s head and crush it’. Again, fully well knowing that it wasn’t a delusion at all but reality. She told a therapist to crush the truth out of her son’s head.
- When this resulted in her son running away- again- and being put in serious danger? She once again tried to blackmail Archie into crushing the truth out of her son. She had no intent at stopping, even after it resulted in her son running away and being put in danger. All that together is an attempt at gaslighting, serious psychological abuse.
- She isolated him by bringing him to a town where no one ever ages. He couldn’t make friends or bond with anyone his age because he grew up and they didn’t.
- She crumpled his artwork in front of him and called it a waste of trees and a waste of his time.
- She torn his castle down in front of him because she said it was ‘dangerous’. But she know about it weeks before. Sidney had the pictures to prove it. So, either she really believed it was dangerous and continued to let her son play on it until the time was right and her new playground was built or she torn it down because she didn’t want him spending time with Emma there.
- She killed Graham and Henry knew she did it. Afterward, he told Emma he wanted to stop trying to break the curse because he, ‘Didn’t want to upset her anymore,’ He was depressed and felt hopeless for weeks. And yet Regina insists that ‘He’s fine.’ when Emma tried to talk to her about it.
- She has the fact that he was born in jail published where he can read about it without consideration of his feelings on the matter.
- She tried to send Hansel and Gretel, the only friends in all Henry’s years in Storybrooke, over the town line. She knew that people were hurt or killed if they tried and she didn’t care if Henry’s friends died as long as it kept her curse in place.
- Her poisoned apple turnover results in Henry flatlining and his soul being sent to a burning, fiery room that is worst than death. I don’t care if it was meant for Emma. It’s like leaving a loaded gun lying around and your child being shot by it. Regina is responsible.
- She threatened to hurt people Henry cared about if he didn’t come home with her.
- She physically restrained him from leaving the house with tree branches.
- She later tried to cast a curse on him that would take away his free will.
- She invaded his mind with magic and wiped him memories of her telling him that she was planning on killing everyone else he loved.
These are not mistakes. It’s not just one, isolated incident. These are deliberate choices made repeatedly over a long period of time. This is abuse we saw take place onscreen.
Here are some things Lana has said in interviews about Regina and Henry’s relationship.
'Parrilla does get to play a mom on TV — though not an especially nice one. As Regina, adopted mother to Henry, the actress admits that it can be tough “being such a royal bitch” to the young Gilmore.
“The minute they yell, ‘Cut,’ I hug Jared and kiss him,” she says. “He and I have incredible relationship. And he and his mom are two of my closest friends.”
Here is the link.
Lana Parrilla: Yes, this relationship to Regina is probably the most important relationship in her life currently, and probably forever, he’s her son. So she really wants her son back and she lost him. So a good portion of this second season is her trying to get him back and making up for what she’s done to not just Henry but to everyone in the town.
Like you said, basically Regina let everyone in the town think Henry was crazy and that he’s a liar. Now that the cat’s out of the bag, it’s like well, what sort of mother would allow that to happen? What mother would let people think her son is crazy? It’s a horrible thing for a child to experience. She needs to redeem herself, that’s pretty much where she is right now.
Here is the link.
It’s not just Henry. Regina has a history of hurting children.
They say a picture says a thousand words.
This is Hansel and Gretel. Regina is about to sent them off, like she did dozens of others, to a cannibalistic blind witch.
This is Regina choking a young, peasant girl.
This is Regina dreaming about choking her soon to be step-daughter to death.
This is the village Regina ordered slaughtered.
This is the village before Regina ordered them slaughtered. Look carefully. There are children standing with there parents.
This is Owen crying after Regina separated him from his father because he would not agree to stay and be her son.
This is Grace. Regina separated her from her father-her only living parent- both before and after the curse.
This is Regina about to go on her merry way to murder an infant Emma Swan.
How about some pictures of Regina and Henry?
This is Regina explaining to her son that it really is ok if she murders his grandmother and casts a spell to take away his free will.
This is Regina crumpling her son’s artwork right in front of him and calling it a waste of trees and a waste of his time.
This is Regina invading her son’s mind with magic and erasing his memories of her telling him she is going to kill everyone he loves except her because, “I don’t have a choice. As long as there are other people in our lives you can never fully be mine.”
Regina abused Henry. Canon fact. Doesn’t mean you can’t like her but it still doesn’t change what happened onscreen.
One final note. You would never say to a victim of physical abuse well, I was sexually abused. Don’t call what you went through abuse, I’ll tell yu what abuse really looks like!
One form of abuse doesn’t negate another form. Just because what one person went through is arguably worst than another doesn’t mean the other is not real and trying to invalidate it or saying someone is projecting is not hurtful.
(I removed the ”read more”)
The Avengers as a Western
Steve is the Sheriff. Clint is his deputy. Tony is the Blacksmith. Natasha runs the Saloon. Bruce is the physician with a split personality and Thor gets into a hell of a lot of tavern brawls.
Together, however, they manage to bring order to the once corrupt town of Triskelion.
Remember The Avengers as a 70s Cop Drama? A Western might be cooler.
Wolverine as the rancher who is a retired gunslinger.
This scene is SO important. Maleficent is with someone she trusts, someone she considers a friend. And then the next thing she knows, she wakes up in pain, bleeding, with her wings burned off. A huge part of her has been destroyed.
Rape is so prominent in our culture that it is in a Disney movie. Maybe not explicitly, but it is very clear what this scene represents and it is so sad.
I fucking cried my eyes out during this scene
stop calling things rape that aren’t rape
it’s not actually being called rape, it’s being compared to rape. the scene involves a young person A being with a friend and then falling asleep, and when A wakes up, the friend is gone, A is in pain, A is bleeding, something (pair of wings) has been taken from her. If you just replace the pair of wings with the word “consent,” it becomes rape. the theft of her wings and the context of the scene are very reminiscent of the theft of someone’s consent and/or ability to consent. that’s why it was compared to rape. no, it’s not explicitly rape, but the way it’s portrayed and the way the theft is executed is very very very similar to many rape cases.
what mens rights activists really sound like
mens. rights. activists.
I prefer to call them Misogynists’ Rights Advocates. They’re not concerned about the rights and responsibilities of all males. They don’t stand up for men who have been marginalized by the law and by society. They just want to be utter douches to women. That’s got nothing to do with men’s rights or with activism. It’s just entitlement—and entitlement isn’t a right.
AH! My Peggy Carter cosplay! The uniform is handmade uwu and the pins are vintage WWII. I love this cosplay more than myself
Please reblog this! It would mean the world to me!
AHHH I WANT YOUR SHOES
ALSO WAY TO ROCK THAT RED LIPSTICK LIKE A HURRICANE YES
Very trim and proper, Captain!